Pages

Sunday, September 23, 2012

And they lived happily ever after...

Wow, I just had the best week of my life...thus far.

Two Saturday's ago, September 15th, Chris and I shared our vows in front of all of our friends and family (almost 180 people)!  The day was such a blur I don't even know if I remember it!  It was seriously one of the best days of my life.  Yes, timing ran a little...over, with..everything, but I had a ball.  I spent some serious girl time with my best girl friends, and I wed my best friend.  The wedding was amazing.  Chris and I wrote our own vows, we left the ceremony on a tandem bike, then left the wedding on a fire engine for some alone time!  The reception was a blast, even though my father chose to roast me instead of toast the newly wed couple, but I guess it's all for the name of love.  The day and night would not have gone any better without the help of some awesome vendors.

My dad and mom.   
My dear dear (and 8 months pregnant friend) Stefanie did my hair.  She always cuts my hair and I always love it.  She rocks, and works at Salon Bellissima in Fairhaven.  Sarah Rorvig helped me feel like a beautiful princess by doing my make up perfectly!  I wish I could have her make up skills, she is awesome!  Alyssa Brown and her trusty sidekick Andrea Devisser (who was Alyssa's assistant for the day) did a fabulous job acting as our own personal paparazzi.  I am in love with our little bit of what I call "teaser photos" that Alyssa posted on Facebook.  Drew Graham (Wanna Dance, the mobile DJ) was our DJ for the Ceremony and the Reception, and boy did he do a fabulous job.  Lots of feedback regarding his awesome playlist, his ability to manage a crowd, and his amazingly fantastic personality.  I don't think I left the dance floor all night, every song was a hit!  Renea Roberts of Glacier Lily Design acted as our Day of Coordinator, and I couldn't have had a better person for the job.  She was on site the Friday before the wedding making sure set up went well, ran us through the rehearsal, and didn't flinch (too much) when we told her we were riding out of the ceremony on a tandem!  As we all know, I love deserts, so naturally I picked the best dessert shop in town to make my cake.  Pure Bliss Desserts, thank you for making my cake so beautifully simple and elegant.  I didn't want to cut into it!  My new cousin did our flowers, and I LOVED my bouquet!  It was just perfect.  I can't thank my bridesmaids enough. They were so helpful and supportive on the day, I couldn't have picked a better group of girls to stand next to me as I said goodbye to my single life!  


www.alyssabrownphotography.com

Even my brother showed up dressed to impress

It was a perfect day.  Could life have gotten any better after that night?  Stay tuned for my next blog post.  BIG STUFF!  Well...sort of.





1 comment:

  1. Love you friend! We had so much fun! Glad I could be a part of it!

    ReplyDelete