Pages

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

I've been busy!

From here on out I am going to try for a post once a week, whether it's about biking, training, racing, or weddings, we will find out!  I'm not sure if it will happen, but we shall see. 
I am so behind on my blogging since the last post!!!  I have been BUSY with life and playing around on my new Garmin500.  I love it.  I haven't had a computer on my bike for over 2 years, I forgot how fun it is!  And this computer especiallly, it does SO much!

Want to see how far I have come in my wedding planning?

I have vases galore.  These are the two types of vases I will have on my tables

Boxes of linens (those are the boxes on the right).  The rest of the stuff are my vases!

Flowers and Flower balls up the ying yang...these are for the ceremony

Stands for my dessert bar.  Cupcakes anyone?


And about 55 extra Save the Dates.  Anyone need extra magnets?

Oh was I talking about biking?  I raced my first crit of the season a couple weeks ago.  It was at Volunteer Park, and I had fun.  Yes, I just used the word fun to describe a crit.  I wont get into crazy details, but first off, this season, I'm not here to win.  I don't have anywhere to go from here in my road racing.  It's not my super strong suit, I just do it because I love the people, and it's mentally and physically challenging.  So with that being said I'm here for fun and for my teammates, and if something good, great, or awesome comes from that, then ROCK ON! 

The night before the crit I put my too small skin suit on for Chris to show him how tight it is.  The first words out of his mouth were "wow you look like a super hero".  THAT my friends, is how tight my skin suit is, so don't my fat rolls in the picture below, hopefully those will be gone by the time the wedding comes around. 

Tara, Alicia, and myself posing with the camel. 
Back to bike racing and not the insecurity I feel in my itty bitty super hero outfit.  Crits scare me.  When I turn corners with my bike for many laps, I like it to be in the mud, where if I fall, it's soft.  Thank goodness this crit doesn't have too many "true" corners.  It's safe, and pretty dang fast.  At the start of the crit, Alicia (one of my teammies) said something to me about primes (I don't remember her exact words but it went something on the lines of lets get them).  So when the first prime was called I decided I wanted it.  I got it...heck yea!  Then...I got the 2nd one too.  I figured that I wasn't out to win the race, but any cash won along the way is a total bonus.  AND why sit in the pack and be bored?  When the third prime was called Jess tried to lead me out for it and I just couldn't quite get to her wheel, and Jocelyn (an incredible sprinter and rider from another team) took the prime.  I even tried a bike throw!!! HAHA I wanted the cash.  Like I said, I'm not out here to win, I'm here for the ride, and enjoy it while I'm there. 

Directly after the 3rd prime the 4th and final prime was called, and Jess ended up winning that one and then got away and stayed away for the rest of the race.  She won!  Another Peterson Racing/Jess win!  When it came down for the pack sprint I.....had...nothing....left.  I sprinted a lot during that 45 minute race!  I worked hard, and in 2 weeks I will be stronger because of it.  I am extremely proud of myself for not being a scared little kitty cat in the pack and so excited for the future of our 1/2 team.  We seriously do such a good job working together and being active in the race, I am SO excited and privlaged to race with such awesome ladies.  I can't say it enough how much I adore my team. 

THANK YOU LADIES!  And not just the 1/2 ladies, but everyone, for the support, the smiles, and the joy you bring to every race day.


Sarah, Alicia, and Tara.  Out for Alicia at The Little Red Hen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment