Pages

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Crosstastic weekend

There was a lot of heavy breathing and leg burning over this last weekend.  I decided it would be my first weekend to race hard 2 days in a row.  Just to see how my body would respond.  It was hard.

Saturday I raced in Sedro Wooley as a part of the Cascade Cross series, and Sunday I raced at Woodland park (part of the MFG series).  This was the season finale for the MFG series, so it was a happenin' day. 

Saturday only 3 women showed up for the Women A's.  I was a little bummed because I was looking forward to actually racing hard.  The other 2 women that showed up are Cat 3's, so I knew I was going to Win, which wasn't much fun knowing that at the start.  The course was straight and fast.  I felt as if there was a lot more downhill than up, but I won't complain.  With all the rain we have been having the grass was pretty soggy in sections.  Since I decided I probably wouldn't be having much competition in the women's field I decided to see how many of the B men I could catch up to.  I didn't count, but it was quite a few.  I love passing men, they get so irritated (esp. since I start behind them).  The run up in this race was awesome, it looked like the end of the world, it was pretty cool.  So I took home the W for this race, but it wasn't as rewarding as I would have hoped. 

Sunday Chris and I headed to Seattle.  I raced this course last year and had an absolute blast, so I was excited to race again.  I was one of 2 riders that started in the back row.  I didn't really mind that much, we have such a small field it's not that hard to get around people.  The race started on this rapid fast downhill with a flat section then the first hard turn right around a tree.  From there I made it around most people and was around 3rd/4th/5th place.  Not sure which one I can't remember.  Well I soon found myself in 4th place chasing this women who was SO close and every lap I would get a little closer.  Well the last 2 laps started to get hard, I fell over before the barriers, and just got so dang tired. I was beginning to feel the previous days race.

I finished the race in 5th place, of 10.  Right in the middle of the pack.  I hope this Sunday goes a little better and I dont bonk like I did last Sunday

1 comment:

  1. "I love passing men, they get so irritated (esp. since I start behind them)."

    hahaha love it! so so true!

    ReplyDelete