Pages

Saturday, July 9, 2011

It's A Love Story

4 friggin' years?!!!!?!?!!!!

Tell me 5 years ago that in 2011 I would be dating someone for 4 years I would have chuckled to myself. 

Lets rewind my life:  2000 and something to 2007...I can get easily distracted and very bored.  Date someone, just one person?  I don't know.  I might be interested in you, but not for long.  I had my fun, you're done.  Please don't call me anymore.  Can I ignore you now?  Go away.  Why are you mad at me?  Well, I'm sorry I don't want to date you.  Yes, I would love to go to dinner with you, but only one time. 

I had some good times, actually great times.  I loved college, every year of it.  I lived the life I wanted to live, I made the best friends a girl could ask for and found someone who I could actually love.  I never thought I would be able to "date" someone for longer than a couple months.  I got bored easily, lost interest quickly.  Someone once told me I was heartless.  I just think it's because I wasn't interested, don't get mad at me because of you. 

In April of 2007 I spotted Chris at one of the Western's Cycling Team race weekends.  I thought he looked pretty cute, we chatted briefly.  Once I got home from the weekend I preceded to befriend/stalk him on facebook.  It was fun, we saw each other a couple of other weekends before the season ended, I would send him messages on facebook, write on his wall, and hope for the day he would try to hang out with me.  He never once hinted at trying to hang out, I didn't understand why, I was a cool girl, I mean come on!  So I would invite him to do things, he never accepted.  This went on for a couple of months.  I didn't understand, so one day when my friend Marielle and I were running I finally told her "I give up!" he's not interested, I have been so friendly and open and he just doesn't care. 

Then one day I got a message on facebook asking if I wanted to hang out, you betcha!  From there, it's history, I lured him in and he hasn't been able to escape since.  Maybe it's because he made me do all the chasing that I fell for him, or it's because he's pretty cute and nice.  I'm not sure, but I don't think I could have asked for a better boyfriend.  The first day we decided to make it "official" I sent out a text to my friends and it said something on the lines of "WTF I think I have a BF".  That first summer I wasn't sure it was going to last, if history repeats its self he wouldn't make it past August.  I did a brave thing that summer.....after having only been dating for a week or two I invited him to my family's beach house in Canada, he kindly accepted. 

Sometimes I still think, holy smokes how has it already been 4 years, that's such a long time, how did this happen??!!  But I am grateful for each and every day of those 4 years.  This last weekend we celebrated our time together in Winthrop doing what we love to do (or what I love to do) BIKING!!!  Instead of writing about everything I will leave you with some pictures.

At the Washington Pass look out on the way over to Winthrop.  It was really cold on the top of the pass!

Holy crap that's a steep hill, I can't believe I ride that!

The anniversary gift for him.  Every year I make him something special

Trying to have my phone find a GPS signal so I can clock our ride up to Washington Pass.  My phone never did pick up the GPS

Myself at the top.  I almost beat Chris up the hill, but he worked a litle harder than I did, so he won.

For winning I took his picture

Two good looking people just hanging out

Bear mountain, right after Chris landed where the sun doesn't shine

We tried to ride this loop called "Figure 8" so we made an 8.  We were excited to almost be at our downhill trail.  To our surprise the trail was covered in dead trees and misquitos, so we had to decend on the road. 

For our 4 year we went out to dinner and ate some ice cream.  I love ice cream.

Sunset plus us

On our 4 year day we rode our mountain bikes TWICE!  This is on Black Bear around The Sun Mountain Lodge


Getting dressed for our second ride up Buck Mountain. 
 
I took this picture in honor of my hooha.  I slid out on part of the trail and hit my hooha on my tob tube.  It's still bruised.  
 There you have it.  Our weekend fun found in a couple of photographs.  Next trip coming up is Sun Valley, Idaho for moutain bike nationals!!!  YYYAAAAYYY!!!  We are really looking forward to some time off work, some bike racing, and SUNSHINE!!

Here we are through the years:

Day 1: July 4th 2007

Lake Padden Bellingham, WA
 Year 1: July 4th 2008
Look out at Galbraith watching the fireworks
 Year 2: July 4th 2009
Whistler, BC
 Year 3: July 4th, 2010
Ride up Starvation Mountain.  Winthrop, WA
 Year 4: July 4th 2011
Buck Mountain, Winthrop, WA

No comments:

Post a Comment