Pages

Saturday, October 9, 2010

What in all the world?!

I had no idea making a blog was so complicated there are way too many things this page is asking me for, and I am so very in decisive. 

For the past few months I have really thought about making a blog so I can write about my racing endeavors.  More or less for me to remember how much pain I put myself in and how much I actually enjoyed it.  That way I can look back on an experience and think to myself "okay that was fun" even though I might haved hated it at the moment.  I know we all experience those thoughts. 

In the past year my athletic performances have really surprised me.  I enjoy being active, any type of outdoor activity is my hobby.  I don't collect small items and I don't spend my time knitting.  I collect bicycles and spend my time riding them.  I have never thought of my self as an "athlete", but more as someone who enjoys being active on a daily basis.  Then last fall I realized I was turning into quite an athlete.  It started with the Victoria Marathon last October, then Cyclocross, then road biking, then mountain biking, THEN soloing the Bellingham Traverse (something I never thought would happen).  Everything just escalated.  So what now?  Now I wish to write about these for myself, and anyone to read.

To sum up the last year:
**Chris, Katie, and I spent 6 hours in the BC ferry line last October waiting to catch a ferry during the Canadian thanksgiving weekend.  We didn't make reservations...OOPS.  BUT we did run quite an amazing marathon.  I surprised myself when we finished in 3 hours and 56 minutes. 

**I bought a cyclocross bike.  Best purchase ever, because next to Chris, Cyclocross is my 2nd love.  He better watchout.  I went and raced my first race here in Bellingham...I won. How?  Not sure, but I crashed a lot.  The following weekend I raced in a Seattle series race at Maris Farms.  That course ate me up like cookie monster does a cookie, but I managed 5th.  The next race...2nd, the following one 1st.  I upgraded to 3's for the last race of the season, and pulled out a 5th place finish.  Went to Collegiate nationals, 5th place.

**I came out strong for the collegiate road season and worked my butt off and earned my Cat. 3 upgrade on the road as well.

**Chris helped me buy a mountaim bike for my birthday.  Went to my first mountain bike race, raced in the sport category got 2nd.  Holy smokes I never knew I had it in me.  The following 2 races I placed 1st, and won the Sport category for the series.  Prob. should have raced expert...but there is always next year.

That brings us up to date...for the most part.  Next time, I will write up a race report about the Bellingham Traverse and my first cyclocross race of the season.  For now it's time to get ready for a mountain bike ride.

Until next time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment